Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop 0.22 update

+
Nigel Daley 2011-08-02, 06:33
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-08-02, 19:19
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-02, 19:25
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-02, 19:58
+
Devaraj Das 2011-08-02, 20:07
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-08-02, 20:23
+
Devaraj Das 2011-08-02, 20:27
+
Matt Foley 2011-08-02, 20:35
+
Nigel Daley 2011-08-03, 06:44
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-08-03, 22:41
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-02, 22:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-08-02, 19:35
Re: Hadoop 0.22 update

On Aug 2, 2011, at 12:19 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. Cut a release 0.22.0 without mapreduce-2178 patch, with
> hadoop.security.authentication set to simple (I.e. No authentication).
> Make sure that MR-2178 is highlighted as known-issue in the top-level dir
> (create a KNOWN-ISSUES.txt ?), and carry out a vote.

This is a great way to end up on CERT, "known issue" or not.  That's not a place where you want to be.

> The reason a 0.22.0 release should happen, IMHO, even without MR-2178, is
> that the other components of Hadoop stack (e.g. Pig, hbase, hive etc) will
> have a release to test against, and fix any issues for incompatibility.
> Also, for folks who do not use kerberos authentication (>90% of the hadoop
> users, to my knowledge),

I'm 99% certain that the task controller code is independent of Kerberos usage since it has its own conflg var...
> it will be a release closest to trunk, with HDFS
> appends. Plus, any issues found in the HDFS part of the release would be
> directly applicable to the trunk and other future releases. (Not so about
> map-reduce, which will undergo major surgery in trunk because of MR-279.)
>
> Thoughts ?

I'd rather have the task-controller code ripped out than shipped broken.
+
onezero.jung@... 2011-08-11, 00:40