HBase >> mail # user >> Is it possible to indicate the column scan order when scanning table?

+
yonghu 2013-02-07, 17:23
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-07, 17:29
Re: Is it possible to indicate the column scan order when scanning table?
Like a table can contain ttl data and static data without indicating
ttl. So, I want to first scan the columns which have ttl restrictions
and later the static columns. The goal that I want to achieve is to
reduce the data missing due to ttl expiration during the scan.

regards!

Yong

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you give us the use case where the scanning order is significant ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM, yonghu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I wonder if it is possible to indicate the column scan order when
>> scanning table. For example, if I have two column families cf1 and cf2
>> and I create a scan object. Is the table scanning order of
>> scan.addFamily(cf1) and   scan.addFamily(cf2) is as same as
>> scan.addFamily(cf2) and scan.addFamily(cf1)? If it's the same order,
>> is it possible to indicate the scanning order of table?
>>
>> regards!
>>
>> Yong

+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-02-07, 21:07