MapReduce >> mail # user >> Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-13, 14:42
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-05-13, 14:47
Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?
Hello Raj,

     Install in what sense?Are you planning to use Apache's package?If that
is the case you just have to download and unzip it. And you don't need root
privilege for that.Or something else like CDH?I'm sorry, I didn't quite get
the question.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to install Hadoop on Linux in a Pseudo Distributed Mode (
> One Machine ).  Do I require 'root' privileges for install ? Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Raj

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-13, 14:55