HBase >> mail # dev >> Branching for 0.98

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-09-16, 18:25
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-16, 20:45
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-09-17, 21:30
Re: Branching for 0.98
The question is, why is it coming so fast after 96? How is that explained
to the users, that's what I meant by "official message". The new features
could come on normal cadence (December-ish?).
If these features are stable, is 98 is just a "better 96"? Why would anyone
use 96 then when 98 is coming out immediately? If we are doing that we
might as well delay 96 to get them instead of doing another major release
in a month (wearing the vendor-independent hat).
Will 96 and 98 be compatible (rolling upgrade, etc.)? If yes, should the
features be included in 96 dot releases instead. If no 96 becomes a dead
release, 2 upgrades within 6 weeks to go 94 to latest stable version.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Andrew Purtell 2013-09-17, 22:17