Accumulo >> mail # dev >> multi-table isolated batch scanner

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-04-15, 19:00
+
William Slacum 2013-04-15, 19:06
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-04-15, 19:10
+
Christopher 2013-04-15, 20:13
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-04-15, 21:06
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-15, 21:33
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-04-15, 22:19
+
Dave Marion 2013-04-15, 22:37
Re: multi-table isolated batch scanner
Hey Dave,

You are absolutely right that the server-side space usage is a big concern.
One of the ways that we conserve space on the server is to do multiple
passes in which we scan a bunch of data and keep only part of it. This
gives us a trade-off between memory usage and cpu time. The space that we
use on the server gets amplified by a secondary lookup before data gets
back to the client. We've found that the optimal amount of memory to use on
the server is much larger that what can be processed before the scan buffer
fills, although it's still only on the order of a couple of megabytes.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Keep em coming! I'm going to try out
a couple of prototypes and see where they get me.

Cheers,
Adam

+
Keith Turner 2013-04-16, 13:29