MapReduce >> mail # user >> Impersonating HDFS user

+
Oleg Zhurakousky 2012-10-05, 13:19
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-10-05, 13:34
+
Oleg Zhurakousky 2012-10-05, 13:37
Re: Impersonating HDFS user
So now I am passed it and able to RunAs 'hduser', but when I attempt to
read from FSDataInputStream i see this message in my console

10:12:10,065  WARN main hdfs.DFSClient:2106 - Failed to connect to /
127.0.0.1:50010, add to deadNodes and continuejava.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused

10:12:10,072  INFO main hdfs.DFSClient:2272 - Could not obtain block
blk_-4047236896256451627_1003 from any node: java.io.IOException: No live
nodes contain current block. Will get new block locations from namenode and
retry...
I am obviously missing a configuration setting somewhere. . . any idea?

Thanks

Oleg

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Oleg Zhurakousky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> After i clicked send I found the same link ;), but thank you anyway.
>
> Oleg
>

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Bertrand Dechoux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You might be looking for something like :
>> UserGroupInformation.createRemoteUser(user).doAs(
>>
>> see
>>
>> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.3/api/org/apache/hadoop/security/UserGroupInformation.html
>>
>> It is a JAAS wrapper for Hadoop.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Bertrand
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am working on some samples where I want to write to HDFS running on
>>> another machine (different OS etc.)
>>> The identity of my client process is just whatever my OS says it is
>>> (e.g., 'oleg') hence:
>>>
>>> 08:56:49,240 DEBUG IPC Client (47) connection to /192.168.15.20:54310from oleg ipc.Client:803 - IPC Client (47) connection to /
>>> 192.168.15.20:54310 from oleg got value #2
>>>
>>> But there is no 'oleg' where the hadoop is running. Instead there is
>>> 'hduser'.
>>>
>>> Is there a way or an equivalent of "RunAs" in hadoop?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>  Oleg
>>>

>> --
>> Bertrand Dechoux