Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

+
Josh Elser 2013-06-05, 03:04
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-06, 01:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 02:44
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-11, 11:16
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 12:55
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 15:44
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 16:05
+
Christopher 2013-06-11, 16:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-12, 00:46
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 19:49
+
David Medinets 2013-06-13, 02:45
+
Christopher 2013-06-13, 04:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 23:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 23:18
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 23:25
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 23:39
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 20:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-12, 22:15
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 23:09
Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
Josh, Chris, Mike, thanks for hashing this out. The document is long, but I
believe it contains the appreciate level of detail so as to eliminate
many ambiguities/questions as to how things are done.

I have a couple questions. From the docs:

" Whatever the actual case is, the developer who made the first set of
changes (you) is the one responsible for performing the merge through the
rest of the active versions. Even when the merge may results in a
zero-length change in content, this is incredibly important to record as
you are the one who knows that this zero-length change in content is
correct!"

Sorry for the newb question, but how does one actually create zero length
commit?

Also, I have encountered cases where a merge has pulled in changes from
previous branches that were unrelated to the particular changes I am trying
to merge upwards. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that
someone else has done something wrong (eg: neglected to merge their
change). What is the appropriate approach to resolving this issue?

Drew
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 01:16
+