Flume >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan

+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:33
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-05-22, 07:45
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-05-22, 08:02
Re: [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan
+1 for releasing Flume 1.4
+1 for Mike being the RM for this release

Jarcec

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 01:02:06AM -0700, Arvind Prabhakar wrote:
> Thanks for taking this initiative Mike!
>
> +1 for 1.4 and Mike as RM.
>
> Regards,
> Arvind Prabhakar
>
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Hari Shreedharan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > +1 for Flume 1.4
> > +1 for Mike being RM.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Hari
> >

> > On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Mike Percy wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > > We have had over 100 commits since 1.3.1, and a bunch of new features and
> > > improvements including a Thrift source, much improved ElasticSearch sink,
> > > support for a new plugins directory and layout, compression support in
> > the
> > > avro sink/source, improved checkpointing in the file channel and more,
> > plus
> > > a lot of bug fixes.
> > >
> > > It seems to me that it's time to start thinking about cutting a 1.4
> > > release. I would be happy to volunteer to RM the release. Worth noting
> > that
> > > I will be unavailable for the next two weeks... but after that I'd be
> > happy
> > > to pick this up and run with it. That's also a decent amount of time for
> > > people to get moving on patches and reviews for their favorite features,
> > > bug fixes, etc.
> > >
> > > If this all sounds OK, I'd like to suggest targeting the last week of
> > June
> > > as a release date. If we can release in time for Hadoop Summit then that
> > > would be pretty nice. Otherwise, if something comes up and we can't get
> > the
> > > release out that week, let's shoot for the first week of July at the
> > latest.
> > >
> > > Please let me know your thoughts.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mike

+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-22, 09:02
+
Ralph Goers 2013-05-26, 14:58
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-28, 13:47