HBase >> mail # user >> Is HBASE-6222 still active?

Re: Is HBASE-6222 still active?
Encryption is HBASE-7544. You mean per cell ACLs right?

HBASE-6222 is still active. I'm maintaining a patch that provides it via a
"shadow CF" but the consensus seems to be wait for a different
implementation option underway based on KeyValue tags, because experiments
have shown that will perform better. See the PDF on 6222 for more detail.

Tags are actively being worked on by our Ram, with some help from Anoop.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)