Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
Let me clarify myself a bit, as I just had a chat session with Keith and
Christopher...

The concern I have is that moving to Java1.7 (jdk or jre), the second
bullet from below, is that this may force a departure from the typical
lifecycle for Accumulo 1.5. If the collective "we" are happy with the
potential to support Accumulo 1.5 and backport Accumulo 1.6
fixes/features to 1.5 as necessary for a period longer than we normally
do this, that's fine.

As there is an unquantifiable risk that is inherit to Java 1.7 (as any
new software), this is a real possibility. I haven't decided one way or
the other, but I wanted to make sure that the proponents of Java1.7 are
aware of such an impact.