Hadoop, mail # user - Cloudera Free

Re: Cloudera Free
Joey Echeverria 2011-12-09, 02:25
Hi Bai,

I'm moving this over to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as that's a more
appropriate list. (common-user bcced).

I assume by "Cloudera Free" you mean Coudera Manager Free Edition?

You should be able to run a job in the same way that do on any other
Hadoop cluster. The only caveat is that you first need to download
configuration files for your clients. There's information here on how
do you that:

https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/express37/Generating+Client+Configuration+Files

Assuming you put the files from the generated zip file in a directory
at $HOME/hadoop-conf, you'd run a job like follows:

hadoop --config $HOME/hadoop-conf jar
/usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u2-examples.jar pi 10 10000

This shows running the example job which calculates pi.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.