HBase, mail # user - Bulk Loading From Local File

+
Mehmet Simsek 2012-12-13, 15:53
+
Harsh J 2012-12-13, 15:58
Re: Bulk Loading From Local File
Jonathan Bishop 2012-12-13, 19:45
Yes, you can. Use file:///full-path-name. You may not get more than one map
job though.

Jon
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Mehmet Simsek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to bulk load from local file to hbase table. Can I load file rows
> to hbase table without importing to hdfs. Hbase import tool reads data from
> hdfs. How can I implement MR job reading local file and writing hbase table?
>
> Now,I'm doing bulk loading in steps
>
> 1) load file to hdfs
> 2) run MR job to load file lines to hbase table
>
> There are two loading processes. Is there a problem in this approach?
>

> M.S
+
Anoop John 2012-12-13, 17:46