HDFS >> mail # dev >> Merge Namenode HA feature to 0.23

Re: Merge Namenode HA feature to 0.23
Thanks Eli for the list. I have merged the bugs you identified to 0.23. I
am in the process of merging HA change. I have several conflicts, stemming
from the changes that are no in 0.23. Pushing following jiras to 0.23 will
make the merge easier. I believe these are mostly straight forward changes:

HADOOP-7557 Make IPC header be extensible
HDFS-3003. Remove getHostPortString() from NameNode, replace it with
NetUtils.getHostPortString().
HADOOP-8108. Move method getHostPortString() from NameNode to NetUtils.
HDFS-2764. TestBackupNode is racy.
HDFS-2430. The number of failed or low-resource volumes the NN can tolerate
should be configurable.
HADOOP-7358. Improve log levels when exceptions caught in RPC handler.
HDFS-2410. Further cleanup of hardcoded configuration keys and values.
HDFS-2285. BackupNode should reject requests to modify namespace.
HADOOP-7729. Send back valid HTTP response if user hits IPC port with HTTP
GET.
HADOOP-7717. Move handling of concurrent client fail-overs to
RetryInvocationHandler

If no one gets back to me in a day, I will start merging these to 0.23.