MapReduce, mail # user - Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?

Can I switch the IP/host of NN without losing the filesystem?
Jianhui Zhang 2013-01-06, 07:41
Hadoop version: hadoop-0.20.205.0

My NN machine has 2 IP addresses and 2 hostnames assigned to them
respectively. I have configured "fs.default.name" using one of the
hostnames and used the cluster for a while.

Now, I may have to move the "fs.default.name" to the other IP/hostname of
the same machine. If no other configurations change (such as the
directories), can I simply change "fs.default.name" to the new hostname,
restart the NN and expect the same filesystem is intact?

Thanks,
James