HBase, mail # user - Does Hbase read .bashrc file??

Re: Does Hbase read .bashrc file??
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 20:02
Hello Aman,

    Thank you so much for the quick response. But why would that happen? I
mean the required env variables are present in hbase-env.sh already. What
is the need to source bashrc?

Consider a scenario wherein you want to run Hbase in standalone mode. You
have a Hadoop setup on the same machine and HADOOP_HOME is set in bashrc,
but you don't want to use hadoop for some reason. In that case Hbase will
face connection issues as it'll try to contact the Hadoop host(as
HADOOP_HOME is present in bashrc) which is not running because it is
standalone setup. On the other hand if you are running Hbase in pseudo
distributed mode and if you haven't set HADOOP_HOME in bashrc, it would
still work.

I'm sorry to be a pest of questions. I am actually not able to understand
this. Pardon my ignorance.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com