Avro >> mail # user >> Question about Avro "records"

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 21:47
+
Pankaj Shroff 2013-02-27, 21:54
Re: Question about Avro "records"
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Pankaj Shroff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That doesn't seem the case specially because if you define a record with a
> bunch of optional fields, then you would end up with an empty object (or
> rather an object with null values for its fields). Am I misunderstanding
> your question?

OK, I have probably misworded the question. Let's say I have a record
defining fields "a" and "b". For simplicity, their permissible values
are ints.

As I understand it:

{ "a": 1 }

is not legal since "b" is not provided.

This:

{ "a": 1, "b": 2, "c": 3 }

is not legal either since "c" is not defined.

BUT: { "a": 1 } can be legal IF a default value is provided for "b".

Am I getting this right, partially right, completely wrong?

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com
+