Accumulo >> mail # user >> importdirectory in accumulo

+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:04
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:15
Re: importdirectory in accumulo
Import directory imports Accumulo RFiles, which are a special file format.
You need to create the Rfile yourself, either via the
AccumuloFileOutputFormat in MapReduce or via the RFileOperations.getWriter
(if my memory serves me correctly).
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have some data in a text file in the following format.
>
> rowid1 columnFamily1 colQualifier1 value
> rowid1 columnFamily1 colQualifier2 value
> rowid1 columnFamily2 colQualifier1 value
> rowid2 columnFamily1 colQualifier1 value
> rowid3 columnFamily1 colQualifier1 value
>
> I want to import this data into a table in accumulo. My end goal is to
> understand how to use the BulkImport feature in accumulo. I tried to login
> to the accumulo shell as root and then run:
>
> #table mytable
> #importdirectory /home/inputDir /home/failureDir true
>
> but it didn't work. My data file was saved as data.txt in /home/inputDir.
> I tried to create the dir/file structure in hdfs and linux but neither
> worked. When trying locally, it keeps complaining about failureDir not
> existing.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: failures
>
> When trying with files on hdfs, I get no error on the console but the
> logger had the following messages:
> [tableOps.BulkImport] WARN : hdfs://node....//inputDir/data.txt does not
> have a valid extension, ignoring
>
> or,
>
> [tableOps.BulkImport] WARN : hdfs://node....//inputDir/data.txt is not a
> map file, ignoring
>

> Suggestions? Am I not setting up the job right? Thank you for help in
> advance.
>

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I have some data in a text file in the following format:
>>
>> rowid1 columnFamily colQualifier value
>> rowid1 columnFamily colQualifier value
>> rowid1 columnFamily colQualifier value

+