Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Release planning for 3.5.0

+
Patrick Hunt 2012-12-21, 21:17
Re: Release planning for 3.5.0
> 1) Need to finish up the dynamic reconfig support.

What's missing is only a few basic C API tests. Michi & Marshall are
looking into it, but if they doen't find time, I can try to write
those in mid January. Michi also reviewed the C client API. Ben
reviewed the Java client and server changes. It would be awesome if
others review as well.

Thanks,
Alex
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are a number of great new features that are in trunk or about to
> be committed to trunk. I'm proposing that we do a 3.5.0 release in
> February, I volunteer to be the release manager.
>
> As RM I plan to do 3.5.0 as an alpha release with an extended voting
> period. Perhaps 2 weeks rather than the standard 3 days. We'd then
> iterate rapidly on reported issues to transition to beta and finally
> stable releases. Similar to what we did with 3.4.
>
> Some pending features:
> 1) Need to finish up the dynamic reconfig support.
> 2) Facebook has contributed a number of scalability improvements. They
> are planning to add local sessions, I'd like to include that and any
> other features that they might provide in the timeframe.
>
> There are only 4 jiras marked as blockers for 3.5.0 currently.
> ZOOKEEPER-1551 looks the most serious.
>
> There are a number of patch available jiras that we've been whittling
> down, we'd try to include as many of those as can be completed in the
> timeframe.
>

> What do you think?
>
> Patrick
+