Kafka >> mail # user >> A consumer that keeps stopping

A consumer that keeps stopping
Hi guys,

I am running a  kafka cluster with 3 brokers (0.7.0).

I have a 2 consumer-groups on the same topic,

One consumer -group is working fine (meaning it never stops consuming),

Unfortunately the other consumer-group - which contains one consumer, is
consuming until is suddenly stops...

In the logs of that consumer or the brokers, I can't find anything that
can indicates why it stopped consuming.

As far as I know, there is no re-balancing in the consumer (also there
is one consumer),
I read about bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-256 that
was fixed at 0.7.1, but I am not sure it is relevant to my case, since
there is no re-balancing
Any ideas what I can do here?

Thanks
Guy Doulberg