HBase, mail # dev - Runtime exceptions during meta scan

+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-08, 21:13
Re: Runtime exceptions during meta scan
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-14, 18:07
For what it is worth, the client was doing Full GC every 10th second
while this was happening.
We recently increased new gen size on few of the clients as a part of
an experiment and all those clients suffer this situation I describe
in the mail earlier.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Shrijeet Paliwal
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Version: 0.90.3 + patches back ported
>
> The other day our client started spitting these two runtime exceptions. Not
> all clients connected to the cluster were under impact. Only 4 of them.
> While 3 of them were throwing NPE, one of them was
> throwing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. The errors are :
>
> 1. http://pastie.org/2987926
> 2. http://pastie.org/2987927
>
> Clients did not recover from this and I had to bump them.
>
> I wish to understand, since we are catching runtime exception in this block
> of code - do we expect this kind of behavior. Also with the given stack
> trace I can not tell which line caused NPE of AIOBE.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Shrijeet
> PS: Line numbers in stack trace may not match with 0.90.3 branch because of
> extra patches we have.
+
Ted Yu 2011-12-14, 18:56
+