Hive >> mail # user >> HADOOP and Query Capabilities

+
Nalin Khosla 2013-05-13, 16:34
Re: HADOOP and Query Capabilities
Hello Nalin,

     Please find my comments embedded below :

1. What tools are available to Query Hadoop data in real time vs batch?
>> Real time : Cloudera Impala, Batch : Hive and Pig..You might wanna have
a look at Apache Drill <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/drill.html> as
well.

2. I believe HIVE provides a batch interface, not sure on what tools within
HIVE support the query capabilities against HADOOP ?
 >>I'm sorry, I didn't quite get this one.

3. Besides HIVE, are there any other Query tools to query HADOOP data
(ad-hoc queries) ?
>>I think question covers this one.

4. Finally, what skill set is required to use HIVE or other alternate tools
? Can business users uses these tools?
>>I think it should be pretty easy for business folks. It would be helpful
if you have some SQL knowledge.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Nalin Khosla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Had a quick question wrt to querying HADOOP data;
>
> 1. What tools are available to Query Hadoop data in real time vs batch?
>
> 2. I believe HIVE provides a batch interface, not sure on what tools
> within HIVE support the query capabilities against HADOOP ?
>
> 3. Besides HIVE, are there any other Query tools to query HADOOP data
> (ad-hoc queries) ?
>
> 4. Finally, what skill set is required to use HIVE or other alternate
> tools ? Can business users uses these tools?
>
> Thanks for your insight.
>
> Regards,
> -nalin

+