Hive, mail # user - HADOOP and Query Capabilities

Re: HADOOP and Query Capabilities
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-13, 16:43
Hello Nalin,

     Please find my comments embedded below :

1. What tools are available to Query Hadoop data in real time vs batch?
>> Real time : Cloudera Impala, Batch : Hive and Pig..You might wanna have
a look at Apache Drill <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/drill.html> as
well.

2. I believe HIVE provides a batch interface, not sure on what tools within
HIVE support the query capabilities against HADOOP ?
 >>I'm sorry, I didn't quite get this one.

3. Besides HIVE, are there any other Query tools to query HADOOP data
(ad-hoc queries) ?
>>I think question covers this one.

4. Finally, what skill set is required to use HIVE or other alternate tools
? Can business users uses these tools?
>>I think it should be pretty easy for business folks. It would be helpful
if you have some SQL knowledge.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com