HBase >> mail # user >> Updating from 0.90.2 to 0.94

+
Yusup Ashrap 2013-02-26, 07:33
+
kiran 2013-02-26, 07:53
Re: Updating from 0.90.2 to 0.94
Hi Kiran , thanks for reply
>From what I've read from online docs , downtime is inevitable for upgrading from 0.90.2 to 0.94,
and I can afford some downtime. I cannot afford dataloss, so I am concerning potential problems with rolling back to 0.90.2 if I fail to upgrade.
--
Best Regards
Yusup Ashrap
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM, kiran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We also upgraded the version very recently. If you can afford couple of
> minutes downtime then you can safely bring down the cluster and do upgrade.
> As such, there will be no data loss, but be careful with splits. The
> default split policy has been changed in this version if I am not wrong. It
> causes some weird things.
>
> Thanks
> Kiran
>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Yusup Ashrap <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])> wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> > I am updating production cluster from 0.90.2 to 0.94 . My table's size is
> > about 20TB+ .
> > Scheduled update includes upgrading both hbase,hadoop version,
> > and I am also changing user with which I start up both hadoop and hbase
> > cluster from user "A" to user "B".
> >
> > It's production environment , so I wanted know what steps I should not
> > miss regarding this upgrade.
> > Table is kinda big and I don't have backup cluster to backup my data.
> > I wanted to know will there be a data loss scenario if I rollback after
> > having failed to upgrade. thanks.
> >

> > --
> > Best Regards
> > Yusup Ashrap