HBase >> mail # user >> Printing integers in the Hbase shell

+
David Koch 2012-08-11, 15:38
+
Ioakim Perros 2012-08-11, 15:41
Re: Printing integers in the Hbase shell
Hello Ioakim,

Yes, that would work but sacrificing performance by doing int/String/int
conversions and also space just to be able to inspect the odd row from
shell is not worth it :-/

/David

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Ioakim Perros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 08/11/2012 06:38 PM, David Koch wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a table whose qualifiers are always integer values. They are show
>> in
>> the shell in \x notation. Is there a way to have the shell show the
>> decimal
>> representation?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> /David
>>
>>  Hello David,
>
> You could take the String.valueOf(yourInt) and store the
> Bytes.toBytes(yourString) representation of this amount as column qualifier.
>
> Regards,
> Ioakim

+
Ioakim Perros 2012-08-11, 16:30