HDFS >> mail # user >> odd temp dir created in hdfs from hdfs-site.xml file setting?

+
Hiller, Dean 2010-12-09, 00:47
Re: odd temp dir created in hdfs from hdfs-site.xml file setting?
hadoop.tmp.dir is supposed a location the local file system, not a directory
within HDFS.

That value should also be in core-site.xml instead of hdfs-site.xml.  That
might be the cause of your issue.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Hiller, Dean (Contractor) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have this setting in hdfs-site.xml
>

> <property>
>
>   <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
>
>   <value>/opt/data/hadooptmp</value>
>
> </property>
>

> This then causes a creation of that dir in HDFS(ie. I can see it when
> browsing
>

> http://206.88.43.4:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?namenodeInfoPort=50070&dir=/
>

> Is it me, or is that weird/odd?  Do I have some kind of other setting
> wrong?  Is hadoop.tmp.dir not for local file system like I thought it
> was(ie. The next property I have after that is stored on the local
> filesystem..
>

> <property>
>
>   <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
>
>   <value>/opt/data/hadoop</value>
>
> </property>
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dean
>
> This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and
> may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the
> message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message and any
> attachments from your system.

+
Philip Zeyliger 2010-12-09, 01:24