Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc1

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-02, 01:42
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-02, 05:37
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2011-11-02, 09:14
+
Owen OMalley 2011-11-02, 16:27
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc1
On 11/01/2011 06:42 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> I've created a new release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-0.23.0 that I would like to release.
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.0-rc1/

Arun, thanks for creating this!

I ran RAT manually on the full source tarball and found 11 java source
files without license headers:
./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-app/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/job/impl/TestTaskImpl.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/TestContextFactory.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-hs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/hs/webapp/HsLogsPage.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/containermanager/loghandler/NonAggregatingLogHandler.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/util/ProcessIdFileReader.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/webapp/AggregatedLogsBlock.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/webapp/AggregatedLogsPage.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/containermanager/application/TestApplication.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/containermanager/loghandler/TestNonAggregatingLogHandler.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/nodemanager/util/TestProcessIdFileReader.java

./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/resourcemanager/scheduler/capacity/TestApplicationLimits.java

There were lots of other files without license headers, many of which
perhaps don't require or for some reason cannot include a license
header.  But, at a glance, the above appear to be files that should have
license headers and some others listed by RAT probably are too.

I also note that 'mvn rat:check' fails.  We should probably build
exclusion lists to get this to pass then run it as a part of normal
testing so that we don't have to chase down license issues at release time.

Doug
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-02, 18:00