MapReduce, mail # user - Hadoop on IPv6

Re: Hadoop on IPv6
Harsh J 2013-09-09, 20:55
For Hadoop JVMs, generally speaking, need to have the following in
your hadoop-env.sh for HADOOP_OPTS:

export HADOOP_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true $HADOOP_OPTS"

We also ship with this pre-added in the default configs of more recent releases.

You may also need these on other JVM based daemons' opts, such as
HBASE_OPTS/etc. depending on what all you run.

--
Harsh J