Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> question about getChildren and queue recipe

+
Alexander Shraer 2012-09-04, 01:10
+
Flavio Junqueira 2012-09-04, 22:11
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-09-04, 23:34
Re: question about getChildren and queue recipe
Hi Alex, I believe we currently use a set to hold the children of a znode. Are you proposing to use a different data structure?

-Flavio

On Sep 5, 2012, at 1:34 AM, Alexander Shraer wrote:

> Thanks Flavio. But what about just storing the list of children on the
> server in the order of their creation ? Wouldn't this be consistent
> with the sequential id and also cheap ? or am I missing something
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Flavio Junqueira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 4, 2012, at 3:10 AM, Alexander Shraer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have 2 questions:
>>> - why was it decided not to guarantee any order on the list returned from
>>> getChildren, given that many use-cases require looking on the child with
>>> the smallest id ?
>>> Why not just keep this list in a sorted form on the server ?
>>

>> There is some discussion about this here:

>> -Flavio

+
Alexander Shraer 2012-09-05, 15:12
+