HBase >> mail # dev >> Adding new dependencies to HBase trunk

Re: Adding new dependencies to HBase trunk
> Could anyone with more Maven knowledge help me debug this build issue, or at
> least give me some pointers on where to look?

That's a simple thing to fix: You have added the dependencies to the
"dependencyManagement" section. That just tells other modules that use
this pom "Hey, if you want one of these dependencies I've already
configured everything for you so you don't have to specify a version
or the excludes.". But it is a "template" you have to add those
dependencies to a <dependency> section somewhere. At the moment the
easiest thing to do (as we'll move around the maven stuff anyway) is
to just move all the dependencies you've defined in the top-level pom
to the core/pom.xml file's <dependency> section[1]

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] http://github.com/hammer/hbase-trunk-with-avro/blob/trunk/core/pom.xml#L162