Hadoop >> mail # dev >> why DFSClient.BlockReader doesnot support seek(long) can I use skip() instead?

why DFSClient.BlockReader doesnot support seek(long) can I use skip() instead?
hi, all,
       I have sent this mail in common user list before, duplicate it
here to seek for more help from experts.

       I am wondering why seek(long) is disabled in HDFS.BlockReader?
Can I use skip(long) to replace this seek(long)?

       I have a bunch of small files, each is less than a block in size. In
my program, given the file/block information, I will try to start a
process on each datanode and try to read from the HDFS directly
through a socket connection to the datanode.
      The read requires seek OP on the file, cause the file I used is
TFile, which requires the underlying class to be seekable.