HBase >> mail # user >> Secure HBase upon Replication

Re: Secure HBase upon Replication
There is no separate branch for security features, they are integrated in
0.92 and 0.94. We did partition the security sources into a separate Maven
module for 0.92 and 0.94, out of an abundance of caution during development
of security features. (Some versions of Hadoop, e.g. 0.20, don't have the
necessary APIs, so compiling HBase against such old versions will fail if
security sources are included in the build.) That forces the production of
those -security artifacts because of Maven being Maven. A -security
artifact contains all of 0.94 plus:
    - A secure RPC engine, for integrating with Hadoop security / Kerberos
    - The AccessController coprocessor
    - The TokenProvider coprocessor

--
Best regards,