HDFS >> mail # dev >> [Proposal] Pluggable Namespace

+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-03, 19:17
+
Bobby Evans 2013-10-04, 15:31
Re: [Proposal] Pluggable Namespace
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Milind Bhandarkar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To get started, we have implemented the same memory-based namespace
> implementation in a remote process, outside of the namenode JVM. In
> addition, work is undergoing to implement the namesystem using HBase.

This sounds really interesting.

I'm curious how similar the HBase part of this work is to Giraffa and if
that would be part of an initial drop?
--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-05, 19:37
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-10-06, 01:40
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-06, 16:35
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-10-06, 19:20
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-06, 19:54
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-07, 00:58
+
Mahadev Konar 2013-10-07, 03:04
+
Bobby Evans 2013-10-07, 15:52
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-07, 17:18
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-10-07, 16:44
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-07, 17:11
+
Doug Cutting 2013-10-07, 18:15
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-07, 19:05
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-10-07, 19:42
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-10-07, 19:49
+
Doug Cutting 2013-10-07, 19:50