HDFS >> mail # dev >> [Proposal] Pluggable Namespace

Re: [Proposal] Pluggable Namespace
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Milind Bhandarkar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To get started, we have implemented the same memory-based namespace
> implementation in a remote process, outside of the namenode JVM. In
> addition, work is undergoing to implement the namesystem using HBase.

This sounds really interesting.

I'm curious how similar the HBase part of this work is to Giraffa and if
that would be part of an initial drop?
--
Best regards,

   - Andy