HBase, mail # user - Recommend protocol connecting to HBASE

Re: Recommend protocol connecting to HBASE
Harsh J 2012-07-29, 19:12
Trung,

Thrift API to HBase is well supported, and you may use that.

Thrift2 is a new implementation of the Thrift API for HBase,
introduced in 0.94, in order to better-support the newer APIs of
HTable/etc. without breaking compatibility of the earlier Thrift
server for existing users.

Thrift2 was done via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1744

So if you're going to be using a release of 0.94 or higher, consider
using Thrift2 server rather than the deprecated Thrift server.

--
Harsh J