Pig >> mail # user >> Pig and Storm

Hi Pig Users and Developers,

I asked a question on the dev mailing list, earlier today about Pig and
Storm. However, having thought more about it, I think the user list is more
appropriate. Here's the original email verbatim.

"I wanted to reach out to you all and ask for you opinion on something.

As a Pig user, I have come to love Pig as a framework. Pig provides a great
set of abstractions that make working with large datasets easy. Currently
Pig is only backed by hadoop. However, with the new rise of Twitter Storm
as a distributed real time processing engine, Pig users are missing out on
a great opportunity to be able to work with Pig in Storm. As a user of Pig,
Hadoop and Storm, and keeping with the Pig philosophy of "Pigs live
anywhere," I'd like to get your thoughts on starting the implementation of
a Pig backend for Storm."

Thanks
Pradeep