From: Robert Evans [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hadoop cluster setup - could not see second datanode

Why would you need several data nodes?  It is simple to have one data node and one name node on the same machine.  I believe that you can make multiple data nodes run on the same machine, but it would take quite a bit of configuration work to do it, and it would only really be helpful for you to do some very specific testing involving multiple data nodes.

--Bobby