Avro, mail # user - Embedding schema with binary encoding

+
Pratyush Chandra 2013-01-07, 12:42
Re: Embedding schema with binary encoding
Scott Carey 2013-01-08, 09:26
Calling toJson() on a Schema will print it in json fom.  However you most
likely do not want to invent your own file format for Avro data.

DataFileWriter which will manage the schema for you, along with compression,
metadata, and the ability to seek to the middle of the file.    Additionally
it is then readable by several other languages and tools.

On 1/7/13 4:42 AM, "Pratyush Chandra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am able to serialize with binary encoding to a file using following :
>         FileOutputStream outputStream = new FileOutputStream(file);
>         Encoder e = EncoderFactory.get().binaryEncoder(outputStream, null);
>         DatumWriter<GenericRecord> datumWriter = new
> GenericDatumWriter<GenericRecord>(schema);
>         GenericRecord message1= new GenericData.Record(schema);
>         message1.put("to", "Alyssa");
>         datumWriter.write(message1, e);
>         e.flush();
>         outputStream.close();
>
> But the output file contains only serialized data and not schema. How can I
> add schema also ?
>
> Thanks
> Pratyush Chandra
+