HBase >> mail # user >> Find the tablename in Observer

RE: Find the tablename in Observer
>Will the CoprocessorEnvironment reference in the  start() method be
instanceof RegionCoprocessorEnvironment too

No. It will be reference of RegionEnvironment . This is not a public class so you wont be able to do the casting.
As I read your need, you want to get the table name just once and store and dont want to do the operation again and again in every prePut()

yes. You can do this by getting the table name in pre/postOpen() method. There you are getting a RegionCoprocessorEnvironment  object and this method will be called once.

-Anoop-