Hadoop, mail # user - ArrayWritable usage

Re: ArrayWritable usage
Brock Noland 2011-12-13, 18:09
Hi,

ArrayWritable is a touch hard to use. Say you have an array of
IntWritable[]. The get() method or ArrayWritable, after
serializations/deserialization, does in fact return an array of type
Writable. As such you cannot cast it directly to IntWritable[]. Individual
elements are of type IntWritable and can be cast as such.

Will not work:

IntWritable[] array = (IntWritable[]) writable.get();

Will work:

for(Writable element : writable.get()) {
  IntWritable intWritable = (IntWritable)element;
}

Brock