Flume >> mail # dev >> Log4jAppender No such property [unsafeMode] warnig

Log4jAppender No such property [unsafeMode] warnig
Folks,

While debgging for FLUME-2186, encounter the missing property warning
(Using Flume 1.4.0)

log4j:WARN No such property [unsafeMode] in
org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender.

here is config file
log4j.appender.flume = org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
log4j.appender.flume.Hostname = localhost
log4j.appender.flume.Port = 4141
log4j.appender.flume.UnsafeMode = true

The property is present in Log4jAppender class. While stepping through the
debugger, this property is not part of BeanInfo retrieved during log4j
configuration, and this error is thrown. It's kind of strange, coz I used
retrieved BeanInfo of Log4jAppender in a test stub and the property is
present.

Any suggestions what could be messed up at my end?

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog