Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop and more than one partition key

+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-04, 17:13
Re: Sqoop and more than one partition key
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-05, 18:46
Hi Santosh,
I'm afraid that Sqoop is currently supporting only tables that are using maximally one column for partitioning.

I was playing around to see if there is a chance to at least partially get working multiple partitions. I was able to get it running when I've created the table manually prior Sqoop import and then run Sqoop with following arguments:

  --hive-partition-key "f1" --hive-partition-value "1', f2='1"

However I would not advise to use that in production because it's ugly hack that might stop working in future Sqoop versions.

Jarcec

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 01:13:30AM +0800, Santosh Achhra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to import and create hive table which has more than one
> partition key using below mentioned command however command
> fails giving below mentioned error. Is more than one partition key
> supported in Sqoop.
> 13/01/04 17:08:01 INFO hive.HiveImport: FAILED: ParseException line 1:403
> cannot recognize input near ',' '
>
> sqoop --options-file connect.parm --table TABLEA --columns  "f1, f2,f3"
> --split-by "f4"  --hive-import   -m 2 --hive-partition-key "f4,f5"
> --hive-partition-value "v1,v2"
>

> Good wishes,always !
> Santosh
+