HDFS >> mail # dev >> How to monitor HDFS upgrade status after removal of "dfsadmin -upgradeProgress status" command?

How to monitor HDFS upgrade status after removal of "dfsadmin -upgradeProgress status" command?
Hi,

I am resending this mail, as it appears it never made it to the hdfs-dev mailing list.

I see that the dfsadmin command, -upgradeProgress, has been removed as part of HDFS-2686 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2686).  So I am wondering if there is another command that can be used to determine the upgrade status.

I believe a script could be written to determine the upgrade status by looking to see if the namenode is running with  either the upgrade or finalize flag, and to check if there is a previous directory under dfs.name.dir.  But I am wondering if there is an existing method.

Thanks,
Scott