Accumulo >> mail # dev >> VFS class reloading?

+
John Vines 2013-04-16, 22:29
+
Dave Marion 2013-04-16, 22:40
+
Dave Marion 2013-04-16, 22:50
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-16, 23:52
+
dlmarion@... 2013-04-17, 00:57
+
John Vines 2013-04-17, 14:15
+
John Vines 2013-04-17, 17:53
+
dlmarion@... 2013-04-17, 00:39
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-17, 01:53
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-17, 00:49
+
dlmarion@... 2013-04-17, 00:54
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-17, 01:24
+
Corey Nolet 2013-04-17, 00:47
+
dlmarion@... 2013-04-17, 00:51
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-17, 01:59
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-17, 02:08
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-17, 16:20
Re: VFS class reloading?
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, I think I may renege for a couple of points:
>
> 1) This is really a minimal change on us to support 0.20.x-based Hadoop
> versions. The patch (or something similar) I made last night and then also
> figuring out the correct commons-io jar to add to that patch.
>
> 2) I re-read Dave's email and noted that he was saying CDH3 is still based
> off of 0.20.x, so that makes the affected community much larger than Apache
> Hadoop 0.20.x.
>
> John Vines, reading back through ACCUMULO-1244:
>
> For the record, this breaks compatibility for releases at least at and
> before hadoop-1.0.1.
>
> Do we just need to set the commons-io dependency back to 1.4 for
> <Hadoop-1.0.1? Is 1.5 now dependent on new functionality that is only in
> >commons-io-1.4? Is there a way that we can try to smooth the fracturing of
> Hadoop distributions without being overbearing on Accumulo?
We should probably make commons-io version a pom variable, then people can
pass in the version that goes with the hadoop they're compiling against.  I
propose leaving the default as is, and people can override it if they need
1.4.

Billie

> On 4/16/13 10:08 PM, Josh Elser wrote:
>
>> I think I'm ok with dropping 0.20.205.0 support, but, as Dave pointed
>> out, we need to update the README to reflect such (really needs to happen
>> before 1.5.0 drops).
>>
>> I'll drop a poll to see if anyone who's only subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] any concerns on the matter.
>>
>> On 04/16/2013 09:59 PM, Billie Rinaldi wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Updated my local 1.5 branch and tried to build with "mvn clean package

>>> if
>>> anyone still needs 0.20.205.0 and what we should do to fix it if they do.
>>> It's not too late to weigh in.
>>>
>>> Billie
>>>

>>>  -- Dave

+