MapReduce >> mail # user >> Fwd: Hadoop 1.2.0 Gap in edit logs error.

Fwd: Hadoop 1.2.0 Gap in edit logs error.
I was running the Hadoop in HA configuration with two Namenodes, three
Journalnodes and one Datanodes in fully distrubuted mode. I killed the java
process of all the nodes and when I again started the Namenode after
starting the Journalnode, I got the below error in both the Namenodes.
Please clarify the reason for this error because I could not recreate it.
(Is this related to Jira HDFS-5074?)
2013-09-26 10:44:41,914 FATAL
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.EditLogTailer: Unknown error
encountered while tailing edits. Shutting down standby NN.
java.io.IOException: There appears to be a gap in the edit log. We expected
txid 26, but got txid 5400.
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.MetaRecoveryContext.editLogLoaderPrompt(MetaRecoveryContext.java:94)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLogLoader.loadEditRecords(FSEditLogLoader.java:183)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLogLoader.loadFSEdits(FSEditLogLoader.java:111)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadEdits(FSImage.java:733)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.EditLogTailer.doTailEdits(EditLogTailer.java:227)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.EditLogTailer$EditLogTailerThread.doWork(EditLogTailer.java:321)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.EditLogTailer$EditLogTailerThread.access$200(EditLogTailer.java:279)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.EditLogTailer$EditLogTailerThread$1.run(EditLogTailer.java:296)
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.SecurityUtil.doAsLoginUserOrFatal(SecurityUtil.java:456)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.EditLogTailer$EditLogTailerThread.run(EditLogTailer.java:292)
2013-09-26 10:44:41,917 INFO org.apache.hadoop.util.ExitUtil: Exiting with
status 1