Hadoop >> mail # general >> Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Hi Arun,

Given that the 2.0.3 release is intended to reflect the growing stability
of YARN, and the QJM work will be included in 2.0.3 which provides a
complete HDFS HA solution, I think it's time we consider removing the
"-alpha" label from the release version. My preference would be to remove
the label entirely, but we could also perhaps call it "-beta" or something.

Thoughts?

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera