Flume, mail # dev - Guidance on Creating JIRA Issues for FLUME Javadocs

Guidance on Creating JIRA Issues for FLUME Javadocs
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-01, 19:18
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of adding/modifying the javadocs for several of
classes, interfaces and enums in the source code.

There are some identifiers that could benefit from the addition or updates
of the javadocs at the class, method and paramater levels.

This could improve the API Documentation especially for new comers looking
through the code to figure out what is going on.

I would like to know what is the better approach towards creating JIRA
issues for these javadoc changes.

(1) Create one JIRA issue for each .java file (class, interface or enum).
(2) Create one JIRA issue for a group of classes, interfaces or enums
within the same package.
(3) Create one JIRA issue for a group of packages within the same module
(flume-ng-core, flume-ng-sources, flume-ng-channels etc)
(4) Create one JIRA and use it for all javadoc patches

I am leaning towards (1) but I would like to know what others think?
+
Mike Percy 2013-04-01, 22:02