Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5.0

Releasing 1.5.0
I am thinking we should start thinking about releasing 1.5.0.  We have a
lot of good stuff in trunk.   Some features that I think people would like
in 1.5 are still in flight.  What do people think about setting a feature
freeze date for 1.5?  I think this would be a good idea and propose Jan 1
as a feature freeze date for 1.5.   Once we decide on a date, everyone can
use that date to make decisions about what they want to work on for the
remaining time.

In the past after feature freeze we have entered test mode and bug fix
mode, which has usually taken 1 to 2 months.   So based on past experience,
a feature freeze date of Jan 1. would like result in a release of 1.5.0
sometime during February.  In the past we have also updated documentation
after feature freeze and written new automated tests, in addition to
finding and fixing issues.

Some of the outstanding features on my wishlist for 1.5 are thrift proxy,
HDFS classloader, and Kerberose :)

Keith
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-21, 16:59