HDFS >> mail # dev >> How to monitor HDFS upgrade status after removal of "dfsadmin -upgradeProgress status" command?

+
Scott Forman 2013-02-02, 20:56
+
Harsh J 2013-02-17, 19:49
Re: How to monitor HDFS upgrade status after removal of "dfsadmin -upgradeProgress status" command?
Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, my goal is to monitor the metadata upgrade.

I am looking at the apache/trunk branch of hadoop
(https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common.git), and I see that the
messages you refer to below appear to come from
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.UpgradeStatusReport.  But I
cannot find UpgradeStatusReport being used anywhere, and it appears
that it was removed as part of HDFS-3832
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3832).

If so, might it be a good idea to re-introduce its usage?"

Thanks,
Scott