HDFS >> mail # user >> Why total node just 1

+
Martinus Martinus 2012-01-02, 03:23
+
Prashant Sharma 2012-01-02, 03:33
+
Harsh J 2012-01-02, 03:34
+
Martinus Martinus 2012-01-02, 06:15
+
Martinus Martinus 2012-01-02, 06:16
+
Bharath Mundlapudi 2012-01-02, 18:20
Re: Why total node just 1
Hi Bharath,

Thanks for your answer. I remembered hadoop has single point of failure,
which is it's namenode. Is there a way to make my hadoop clusters to become
fault tolerant, even when the master node (namenode) fail?

Thanks and Happy New Year 2012.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Bharath Mundlapudi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> You might want to check the datanode logs. Go to the 3 remaining nodes
> which didn't start and restart the datanode.
>
> -Bharath
>

> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Martinus Martinus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have setup a hadoop clusters with 4 nodes and I have start-all.sh and
>> checked in every node, there are tasktracker and datanode run, but when I
>> run hadoop dfsadmin -report it's said like this :
>>
>> Configured Capacity: 30352158720 (28.27 GB)
>> Present Capacity: 3756392448 (3.5 GB)
>> DFS Remaining: 3756355584 (3.5 GB)
>> DFS Used: 36864 (36 KB)
>> DFS Used%: 0%
>> Under replicated blocks: 1
>> Blocks with corrupt replicas: 0
>> Missing blocks: 0

>> Datanodes available: 1 (1 total, 0 dead)
>>
>> Name: 192.168.1.1:50010
>> Decommission Status : Normal
>> Configured Capacity: 30352158720 (28.27 GB)
>> DFS Used: 36864 (36 KB)
>> Non DFS Used: 26595766272 (24.77 GB)
>> DFS Remaining: 3756355584(3.5 GB)
>> DFS Used%: 0%
>> DFS Remaining%: 12.38%
>> Last contact: Mon Jan 02 11:19:44 CST 2012
>>
>> Why is there only total 1 node available? How to fix this problem?
>>
>> Thanks.

+
Harsh J 2012-01-04, 09:19
+