HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync
Alejandro,

  I am attaching my code for ApplicationMaster and Client for both the
versions of managed and unmanaged AMs here, which are basically copies of
the code that come with Distributed Shell example and modified to be able
to launch multiple AMs from a single Client.

  You can see the calls to printCurrentTimeStamp() that measures time taken
for connecting to the client from AM and also the time taken for starting
up of AM after the Client/UnmangedLauncher submits the application, i.e.
calls submitApplication().

    Here are the times measured using this code. Can you please check what
am I doing different from your code, and suggest what should I change to
reduce these times.

  Time taken for Managed AM Unmanaged AM  AM startup after submission 1.2sec
2.2sec  connecting to RM from AM 0.75sec 0.85sec

  Thanks,
Kishore